Here at Monique Magazine we are kicking off 2018 with a clean slate. That means forgetting about the past, forgiving others and yourself, giving a promise about a better future and wishing amazing things to one another.
Good resolutions are also in order. There is no other colour that symbolizes successful new beginnings better than white. It’s the colour associated with light, goodness, innocence and purity. Stylist Jenni Ryynänen of I on Image has selected the best winter whites for you to step into New Year in style.
WHITE SELECTION January 2018
- Tigha Louna lace dress with frilled sleeves. White dresses are no longer reserved for only balmy summer days. They are wearable in the winter with black opaque tights and a chunky cardigan during the day. Add statement earrings for an epic night out.
- Moncler Gamme Rouge Nynke tweed jacket with shearling collar. There is no better signature style than wearing a chic statement jacket. It gives you an instant image revamp and upgrades your basic outfits in a flash. Wear over a lacy dress or sleek leather leggings, add snow boots or mile high heels.
- Maje Mila cable knitted jumper with black imitation leather accents. Heritage knitwear is having a huge moment in fashion. This one is sweet and edgy at the same time and you know how I love contrasts. Wear with sporty pants or a sweet pleated skirt.
- Arma Roche Plonge lamb leather leggings. Leggings are going to be big news in 2018 but not in the way you are used to wearing them. The key looks will be daring and have a luxurious feel to them. These leather leggings will tick all the boxes while being a rather versatile style to own. Wear with chunky knitwear, billowy blouses or layered under dresses. Take inspiration from glitterati après ski in Gstaad.
- Philipp Plein Corinne calf leather shoulder bag. New Year deserves a gorgeous new bag. I love the white pristine leather combined with studs, chain shoulder strap and a crystal encrusted cougar clasp. Perfect for your inner Snow Queen!
- Nubikk Giga Roma patent leather ankle boots. Beautiful 60’s style ankle boots pair well with surprisingly many styles: Mini and maxi dresses, culottes, wide and skinny trousers. I would combine mine with high wasted mom jeans and cosy heritage jumper for the day and an Audrey Hepburn inspired mini dress for the evening.
- Maurice Lacroix Eliros diamond watch. A stylish time piece symbolizes new beginnings so no wonder they make popular gift items for a special occassion: graduation, promotion and retirement, to mention a few. Your watch -or the lack of it- says a lot about you and is considered as one of the key items when building a signature style. One with diamonds radiates timeless elegance and sophisticated femininity.
- Armani EA7 Core waterproof skipants. Life is too short to be freezing yourself to an icicle. Solve the problem by wearing pants that work wonders in subzero temperatures like these amazingly sleek ones that are also waterproof. Athleisure will remain a global megatrend in 2018 so if you haven’t opted in yet, now it’s the time to hop on the trend of practicality and comfort without having to sacrifice the style.
Here’s to a prosperous and wonderful 2018!
STOCKISTS AND PHOTO CREDITS:
Maje Moncler Gamme Rouge
Philipp Plein at De Bijenkorf www.debijenkorf.nl
Maurice Lacroix at www.horloge.nl
Monique Magazine is using affiliate links and will earn a commission for any purchases you make.